- Where we collect personal information (for example e-mail addresses) we will always use these responsibly by only sending you information we think you want to see.
- When email marketing we will always provide an unsubscribe option.
Swegon Group UK & I care about your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with fair information practices, GDPR and applicable data privacy laws.
Swegon Group UK & I includes the following registered companies: Swegon Ltd, Swegon Cooling Ltd, Swegon Hire Ltd, Swegon Service Ltd, Swegon Air Management Ltd, Safegard Systems Ltd.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
2. Categories of Personal Information
Personal information that we may collect and process includes:
• Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, job title, age and prefix, username, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address or other addresses that allow us to send you messages, company information and registration information you provide on our website.
• Relationship Information that helps us do business with you, such as the types of products and services that may interest you, contact and product preferences, languages, creditworthiness, marketing preferences and demographic data.
• Transactional information about how you interact with us, including purchases, inquiries, customer account information, order and contract information, delivery details, billing and financial data, details for taxes, transaction and correspondence history, and information about how you use and interact with our websites.
• Security and Compliance Information that helps us to secure our interests, including information for conflict checks, fraud prevention and internal verification, as well as information necessary for the security of our premises, such as visual recordings.
• Our products may collect system and event information relating to their setup, configuration and operation, as well as information collected by our products in their ordinary course of operation. This information may include sensor data, equipment data, data regarding building spaces, energy usage data, fault data, event data, environmental data, and other internal or external data as well as product usage information and product performance data. In some circumstances, this information may be Personal Data. The nature and extent of the information collected by our products will vary based on the type and function of the product and the type of services for which they are used, subject to applicable laws.
3. Legal bases for Processing
• The performance of a contract with our customers and suppliers.
• The legitimate interests of Swegon Group UK & I, which are our usual business activities.
4. Purposes of Processing
• Fulfilling your orders for products or services and related activities, such as product and service delivery, customer service, account and billing management, support and training, product update and safety related policies, and to provide other services related to your purchase.
• Managing our contractual obligations and your ongoing relationship with us, including interacting with you, analysing and improving the products and services we offer, informing you about our products or services, as well as special offers and promotions.
• Ensuring the security of our websites, networks and systems, and premises, as well as protecting us against fraud.
• Managing our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, fulfilment, corporate governance, audit, reporting and legal compliance.
5. Recipients of Personal Information
• Third Parties: We may use third parties to provide or perform services and functions on our behalf. We may make personal information available to these third parties, to perform these services and functions. Any processing of that personal information will be on our instructions and compatible with the original purposes and in accordance with GDPR Regulations.
• As Required by Law: We may also make personal information concerning individuals available to public or judicial authorities, law enforcement personnel and agencies as required by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, and including to agencies and courts in the countries where we operate. Where permitted by law, we may also disclose such information to third parties (including legal counsel) when necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or to otherwise enforce our rights, protect our property or the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external audit, compliance and corporate governance functions.
• Mergers & Acquisitions: Personal information may be transferred to a party acquiring all or part of the equity or assets of Swegon Group UK & I or its business operations in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, or other.
• Affiliates: We may also transfer and share such information to Swegon Group UK & I affiliates in compliance with applicable law.
We will retain your personal information as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
7. Protection of Personal Information
Security measures for protecting personal information: We apply appropriate technical, physical and organisational measures that are reasonably designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and against other unlawful forms of processing. Access to personal information is restricted to authorised recipients on a need-to-know basis. We will also use enhanced security measures when processing any sensitive personal information.
8. Our websites
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all relevant national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computer / device hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer / devices hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected. Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser - remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
• Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
• Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
• Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
• Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
• Email Newsletter: This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with national Spam Laws and all personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with GDPR and national data protection law.
No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the GDPR and national data protection law you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website's email newsletter program. If you would like a copy of the information we have on file about you as an individual, please email our Data Protection Supervisor – see Section 11 How to Contact Us.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity. Subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign sent by our mailing system.
• External Links: Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external website/page links.
• Social Media Platforms: Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
• Where we collect personal information (for example e-mail addresses) we will always use these responsibly by only sending you information we think you want to see. • When email marketing we will always provide the opt-out option.
9. Your Rights
You may request to access, rectify, or update your inaccurate or out-of-date personal information by contacting our Data Protection Supervisor. To the extent of applicable law, you may have the right to request erasure of your personal information, restriction of processing as it applies to you, object to processing and the right to data portability. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
10. Consent and Withdrawal of Consent
You may always object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or withdraw any consent previously granted for a specific purpose, free of charge by clicking on relevant links on our websites, following the directions contained in an email or by contacting our Data Protection Supervisor.
11. How to contact us
If you would like to communicate with us regarding privacy and personal data issues, require a copy of the data held for you, a full copy of our Data Protection Policy or have questions, comments or complaints, please contact our Data Protection Supervisor:
HR & SHEQ Director / Data Protection Supervisor - Swegon Group UK & I
Forest House, 12 Queensway, New Milton, Hampshire, BH25 5NN
Telephone: 01425 4622122